The start of Ramadan will be announced just before starting the month, following the announcement made by Fiqh Council of North America. The announcement will appear here and on the Home Page.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Following the Fiqh Council of North America, the blessed month of Ramadan will start after sunset on the evening of Monday, April 12, 2021 Insha’Allah. The first day of fasting will be TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2021, Insha’Allah.
As Allah says in the Holy Qur’an, Surah 2 (al-Baqarah) ayat 183, “O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may achieve taqwa (nearness to Allah).” Please note that humility and complete submission before Allah is a requirement for achieving the goal of Ramadan.
First Taraweeh will be on April 12, 2021 (Monday)
Please note that because of the pandemic:
- Isha prayer will start at 9:30 PM. Total time for prayers will be 45 minutes and will include 4 rakats of Fard (Isha), 3-minute break for praying Sunnat, followed by Taraweeh. Witr to be prayed at home.
- 8 rakats of Taraweeh will be offered. A portion of each Juz will be recited each night.
- Masks, social distancing, required. You must bring your own prayer mat and pray only on the assigned spaces. Bathroom will remain closed. Chairs will NOT be provided. Come with wudu.
- Limited to adult, healthy men under 65 who have not been in contact with a sick person. Please do NOT come if you do not meet these requirements. Women and children (under 15) to pray at home.
- Maximum capacity limited to 100 people
- No Iftar will be held at the Center during Ramadan
Our dedication to the cause of Allah is especially tested during these difficult times. Your generous donations for our masjid during this month will be multiplied several fold during this month of blessings. Donations to Faith Unity Islamic Center are accepted through check (made to "Faith Unity" and sent to 1581 Bristol Pike, Bensalem PA 19020) or PayPal as per instructions on our website www.faith-unity.org.